Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It’s intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments.
This one day course is an ideal opportunity to try your hand at small scale automation and computer control. Add movement to your projects, gather information from sensors and feed back to your computer or phone!
During this course you will:
- Get an introduction to the arduino hardware and see examples of innovative projects using the microcontroller.
- Learn some basic electronics to allow you to make small circuits.
- Explore the software programming environment which controls the arduino.
- Complete two short projects to program and build something yourself with an arduino and some associated components. You can bring your own designs and materials or work with those provided.
What will you get?
- Complete notes will be provided so that you can continue with your own projects after the course.
- Completion of the course will entitle you to use the electronics lab in WeCreate at a reduced rate in the future.
No formal qualifications are required, as long as you can use a computer mouse and have basic computer skills, you can use arduino!
All equipment, examples and materials are provided, and you can bring your own computer if you wish. If you bring your own laptop, you will learn how to install the arduino programming environment and will be able to work with this after you leave. If you don’t bring your own computer, you might want to bring a USB stick to take away any files you create during the day.
Book your place for this course by visiting http://wecreate.ie/contact-us/
The course is available to ages 16+ and the group size is limited to six places to allow for individual attention.
Places cost €95 each including lunch. Tea/Coffee provided on arrival.
Times: 11.00 am – 5pm
This one day Course will be run during April, June and September 2015. Contact us to be informed of the exact course dates.