The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It is a wonderful, cheap little device that enables people of all ages to explore computing, and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python.
This one day course is an ideal opportunity to get an introduction to this exciting new piece of computer hardware at an incredibly low price! A Raspberry Pi computer costs less than €40* and will perform most of the day to day computing tasks you might need – e-mail, web browsing, office documents, games and many more…
During this course you will:
- Get an introduction to the raspberry pi hardware and learn how to set it up for your use.
- Explore the unix operating system and set up internet browsing, email, games etc..
- Create a media player pc to read and show your music, movies and pictures to your home TV using the raspberry pi.
What will you get?
- Complete notes will be provided so that you can continue with your own projects after the course.
- Completion of the course will entitle you to use the electronics lab in WeCreate at a reduced rate in the future.
No formal qualifications are required, as long as you can use a computer mouse and have basic computer skills, you can use a raspberry pi!
All equipment, examples and materials are provided, and you can bring your own computer if you wish. If you don’t bring your own computer, you might want to bring a USB stick to take away any files you create during the day.
Book your place for this course by visiting http://wecreate.ie/contact-us/
The course is available to ages 16+ and the group size is limited to eight places to allow for individual attention.
Take the course and take home the computer! Places cost €150 each including lunch. Tea/Coffee provided on arrival.
If you already have a raspberry pi or want to buy your own and wish to attend, you may do so at a cost of €120
Times: 11.00 am – 5pm
This one day Course will be run during April, June and September 2015. Contact us to be informed of the exact course dates.
* The cost of €40 is for the Pi computer board only. You will need to add a mouse, keyboard, SD card and screen. The mouse and keyboard can be any usb device which you probably already have. The power supply just needs a mini-usb connector – like all Samsung mobile phone chargers for example and the SD card is a standard one found on phones and cameras. The video output is hdmi, so any new monitor or TV will work.
The idea is that you just need to buy the board and can re-use other peripherals you may already have.